1. Ash Wednesday and good Friday are days of abstinence from meat as well as days of fast,when only one full meal is allowed.
2. On days off fast two other mealless meals may be taken according to one’s needs,but together they should not equal another meal.
3. The other Fridays of lent are days of abstinence from Meat.
4. The Obligation to obstain from meat begins at fourteen (14) years of age.
5. The Obligation to fast begins at eighteen (18) years of age and ends at fifty-nine (59) years of age.
6. Although the faithful may excuse themselves for just cause from these laws of fast and abstinence, there is a obligation to substitute another penance and no Catholic should lightly excuse himself/herself from this obligation in the lenten season.